101 - Raising High School
Middle adolescence (14-18) is typically a time of separation with a strong influence on identity development. Girls are exploring who they are and what they believe about themselves and the world around them.
The parenting role during this time takes a turn and it can be hard to figure out how to help her when she is so desperately wanting to grow-up and make her own choices.
In this series, we look at expectations, her relationships and the best ways to communicate and build relationship with her. Preparing for young adulthood, especially college is a priority. This time does not have to be overly stressful. It's a great time to find support and learn new ways to engage her.
The benefits of this 4 week series...
- learn what is normal vs. not normal for high school
- common problems that come up in high school
- specific pressures she will face (dating, friends, academic, etc...)
- what to expect in her behavior, emotions and relationships
- get your pressing questions answered
- practical ideas on how to build your relationship with her
- connection to other moms going through it
- learn from a professional and other moms
- anxiety relief for yourself
Who should take this? This is an excellent 4 week series for moms who have daughters in high school or daughters who are about to enter high school.
What can I expect in each class?
- a small group setting - no more then 8 moms
- convienent 1 hour sessions
- Lots of insight and education
- practical examples
- Q&A time
- handouts and materials to read